"NZ visitor's experience in Angliss Hospital - excellent treatment"

About: Angliss Hospital

I fell in the shower at my friend's house and hurt my back, then needed an x-ray, a CT and admission to Angliss Hospital for a night.

Staff were so professional, helpful, thorough and pleasant, and I'd like to say thank you very much.

Emergency Dept - Dr Victoria, and nurses Leanne and her successor the next shift, Jenny I think.

X-ray and CT scan - a kind man of Middle Eastern background.

Ward - Michele and Madhu.

Physiotherapists - Stephen and Tim.

You were all so professional and thorough. You were kind to me, listened, helped and made my stay very positive.

A HUGE THANK YOU. I'm very impressed with the Australian health system and how well you looked after a visitor to your country.

Response from Alan Lilly, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear NZ Visitor

Thank you so much for sharing your story on Patient Opinion - that's great feedback for us and I am so pleased to read that you were cared for so well during your stay at Angliss Hospital.

We 're certainly aiming to exceed our patient and family expectations and when I read stories like yours, I am heartened to see that we might be achieving just that. I will have great pleasure in passing your feedback on to our staff and make sure that those that you have named get a special mention from me too. I will let their managers know as well. Feedback is so important as it enables us to understand what we do well and also where we need to improve - we want to be truly GREAT at everything we do!

So thanks again NZ Visitor for your sharing your story. I hope that you continue to recover well and spread the word on your positive experience at the Angliss Hospital.

regards, Alan Lilly