"Suffering deep depression."

About: Ipswich Hospital / Adult mental illness

I overdosed as I suffer deep depression.  The mental health ward did not help me what so ever. I discharged myself after a few days and this has made me even more suicidal.

Response from Joy Wyatt, Senior Consumer Liaison Officer, Clinical Governance, Queensland Health - West Moreton

Dear Depression

We were very sorry to read your story online. It sounds as though you are in a great deal of pain. We are keen to offer you support, but are limited to providing you with general information, as we don’t know the specifics of your circumstances.

If you are currently experiencing thoughts of self-harm or suicide, we would urge you to attend a hospital Emergency Department, your local mental health service or seek the support of your general practitioner (GP). The West Moreton Hospital and Health Service’s Acute Care Team have a 24 hour contact line for support on 1300 MHCALL and we strongly encourage you to contact this number if and when you are in crisis.

We respect your choice to post anonymously on the patient opinion website, but we would welcome the opportunity to communicate directly with you so we can be of more assistance. You can call the Consumer Liaison Service at 3810 1111 or email us on wmh.clo@health.qld.gov.au. Alternatively, you can present at the front counter of the hospital and ask to speak with us and we will be happy to meet with you in person. There is help and we do care!

Consumer Liaison Service