"My child journey through ED today at Broome Hospital"

About: Broome Health Campus / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

My child had abdominal pain which was not getting better. We went to ED at Broome hospital. There we were greeted by a friendly and caring triage nurse, who focused on my child and asked them the questions (checking in with me to confirm). We then went in greeted by a caring and engaging doctor who took the time to make my child feel at ease before the examination. From there into x-ray, where again a friendly staff radiographer greeted us with patience - all the time focusing on the patient. From there the doctor consulted with a colleague to ensure accurate and appropriate treatment.

Response from Maureen Crowther, Patient Opinion Cordinator, Nursing, WA Country Health Service

Dear My family

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and experience on Patient Opinion about your recent experience at Broome hospital with your child. It's greatly appreciated and I will have much pleasure passing this on to the relevant departments.

Your story highlights the difference kindness, compassion and inclusion makes with care delivery.

I hope your child has made a full recovery and thanks again for your feedback.

Maureen Crowther