"A bit of a bummer"

About: Broome Health Campus / Emergency Department

I had the misfortune of having a boil form on a very sensitive part of my anatomy. I visited my local GP who prescribed anti-biotics, but unfortunately the aforementioned boil progressed into an abscess. I presented at the ED department in a very bad way and was admitted straight away. This is the second time that I have the need to go to the Broome Hospital ED department and as with the previous occasion, I was well treated and have only good things to say about our local health care system. I spent  a few days in hospital and was discharged with a great after care plan. I have since returned to work.

Response from Holly Hanna, acting Broome Operations manager, Management, WACHS

Dear A bit of a bummer,

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I am glad you have now recovered and are able to return to your normal work life.

We are very proud of the great service we provide at Broome Hospital and are continually looking for ways to improve our service to the community.

I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our staff in the Emergency Department.

Regards

Holly Hanna

A/ Operations Manager

Response from David Gaskell, Regional Medical Director, Medical, WA Country Health Service

Dear A Bit Of A Bummer,

It's good to know that our staff got to the bottom of your problem. Many thanks for your feedback.

We're open to any ideas which may help us improve the quality and delivery of our services. If you have suggestions or see gaps, please share them with us here, online.

Best wishes