"My wife had a baby at Broome Hospital"

About: Broome Health Campus / Maternity/Midwifery

(as a parent/guardian),

My wife had a baby at Broome Health Campus. The MGP (Midwifery Group Practice) along with all clinicians were fantastic. The staff made us feel very well cared for.

The weekend of our birth was very busy in the maternity ward, we were in a very packed 4 bed ward. The nurses were very very busy.

Eventually a 4 bed room on general ward was opened for 2 new mums so that eased the pressure.

So one day when the hospital has lots of extra money a bigger maternity ward with more private rooms and more staff would be fantastic.

Response from Holly Hanna, acting Broome Operations manager, Management, WACHS

Dear Broome baby

Thank you for your feedback regarding the maternity services at Broome Hospital. Our MGP service has proved to be very successful model of service delivery and I am happy to hear that you were happy with the service your received from our midwives and other staff members.

I acknowledge your comments about the size of our maternity ward as we have seen an increase in the number of births at Broome Hospital. I agree that any future development of the Broome Hospital needs to incorporate the increased need for this unit to expand to provide services for increased activity.

Thank you again for taking the time out your busy life at the moment to provide us with this feedback and congratulations on your new arrival.

Best Wishes

Holly

A / Operations Manager

• Broome baby thinks this response is helpful