"My experience of Sale Hospital Emergency Dept."

About: Sale Hospital / Emergency Department

As a cancer and chemotherapy patient living about an hour and a half drive south of Sale, but being treated in Melbourne hospitals, I had occasion to visit the E. D. of Sale Hospital when suffering a high temperature and a severe chest infection for help with my breathing.

I was taken in almost immediately, triaged and treatment started straight away by a team of happy, enthusiastic and excellent young nurses/sisters. One of these young ladies who stood out was Amy - first names were all I was ever introduced to.

I was tested for everything they could think of, had bloods and urine samples taken, an ECG and a lung X-ray, given I/V antibiotics and other medications orally, was informed every step of the way, and was most pleasantly surprised by the speed and effectiveness of the care I received there.

Hospitals in Melbourne are good and I have not many complaints there, but the service and fast care I received at Sale was impeccable and something for the city hospitals to aim for! (Yes, I know there would be a huge difference in patient numbers to staff ratio's even? )

Response from Frank Evans, Chief Executive Officer, Central Gippsland Health

Dear HPK

It is heart-warming to read of your positive experience in our emergency department.

Thank you so much for providing the feedback.

Receiving positive feedback is very motivating for all of us and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to everyone working in our emergency department.

I was fortunate to catch up with Amy yesterday and was able to pass on your feedback and thank her personally.

I wish you all the best with your ongoing treatment.

Frank

• HKP thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by HKP (the patient)

Thank you for your extremely fast response Frank, as CEO you have completed my happy experience at your hospital and I am glad I chose to go there for emergency treatment. Thank you for passing on my compliments to Amy and hopefully the rest of the staff.