"Presentation to ED Maroondah Hospital"

About: Box Hill Hospital Maroondah Hospital / Emergency Department

I presented to ED recently with an injury requiring plastic surgeon attention.

Being a weekend there was no plastic registrar on site, therefore the treatment got delayed and the plans changed to the point where it was considered to postpone the procedure until the next day.

Despite the hurdles, the attending doctor was very caring and supportive and we would like to commend Dr Adam for his care and management of my immediate medical attention. Also a hearty thank you to Dr Danielle, plastic registrar at Box Hill, for her highly professional standard of care and patient handling skills.

Much, much appreciated!

Thank you to both of you! ! !

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear weekend treatment

Many thanks for providing your balanced feedback regarding your experience at Maroondah and Box Hill Hospitals. I'm sorry there was obviously such movement in the plans for your treatment. Balancing the urgent needs of many patients can be difficult but I was heartened by your commendations for Dr Adam and Dr Danielle. I will make sure your feedback is passed onto them and also their manager as I'm sure your feedback will be very welcomed.

Weekend treatment, I wish you the best of health and trust you are well on the road to recovery. Thanks again for providing your feedback on Patient Opinion as doing this helps us recognize and celebrate the wonderful efforts staff make and also where we need to make improvements.

David

• weekend treatment thinks this response is helpful