"Death of my Mother"

About: Bairnsdale Hospital Opal Lakeview Sale Hospital

(as a relative),

My mother recently passed away at Sale Hospital. She was conveyed from Opal Lakeview Aged Care, Lakes Entrance by ambulance in a critical condition to Bairnsdale Regional Health Service (BRHS). She presented at BRHS with a low blood sugar level (BSL), a slightly acidotic PH level and kidney function diminished. She had had a low BSL's for the previous 2-3 days. Nil communication or explanation from Opal Lakeview as to why/how. My mother was conveyed by paramedics to Sale Hospital the afternoon and admitted to Critical Care Unit for treatment which she was non-responsive to.

Response from Frank Evans, Chief Executive Officer, Central Gippsland Health

Dear Joomby,

Please accept our sincere sympathy for your loss.

I understand your mother came to us in a timely manner from Bairnsdale Regional Health Services and we directly admitted your mother to our Intensive Care Unit.

I am very sorry we were unable to prevent your mother’s passing. We did all we could for your mum once she was in our care and made her as comfortable as possible during her last hour with us.

If there is anything we can do to support you at this difficult time please feel free to contact me on 51438660 or by email at frank.evans@cghs.com.au

Warm regards