"Excellent Dental service at Inner South Community Health"

About: Dental Clinic - Southport

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I attended South Melbourne Dental Clinic today with a client who has been attending dental appointments regularly there. This young adult has had a long history of homelessness and drug use and has recently turned their life around.

I spoke with the dentist, Hugh, prior to the appointment taking place. My client recently graduated and obtained a Cert II in Hospitality, this is a major achievement. Unfortunately, due to the appearance of their teeth we were unable to get them work experience.

I explained this to Hugh who informed me that extensive work still needed to be done but that he would do his best today.

An hour later a confident young adult walked out of the dental room, smiling ear to ear. Hugh had not only managed to save this young adult's teeth but improved the appearance beyond belief.

I truly cannot thank both Hugh and your service enough. This wonderful young adult can now look forward to work experience and a changed life. assisted by this amazing man.

Response from Damian Ferrie, CEO, Star Health

Hello Joyc74,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us of your client’s wonderful experience with our Dentist.

Our staff member’s ability to form a good rapport with patients, provide excellent dental treatment and improve a person’s self-confidence and subsequent job opportunities is a great example of the high quality care we strive for each day.

Kind Regards,