"Margaret River Hospital"

About: Margaret River Hospital Princess Margaret Hospital for Children Royal Flying Doctor Service

(as a parent/guardian),

My child hurt his leg at football. We went straight to emergency & were greeted by an amazing nurse who dealt with my child in the most amazing way. The doctor who attended to my child was fantastic & the second nurse who assisted was very caring & compassionate. X-rays confirmed my child had broken their femur & required transfer via RFDS to PMH (Princess Margaret Hospital for Children). The staff kept us updated on things constantly & I was able to feel as calm & relaxed as possible as a result.

Response from Wendy McKinley, A/Operations Manager, Coastal, WACHS - South West

Dear Footy Mum

I was so pleased to see this feedback about your experience in Margaret River. The team work very hard to deliver the highest quality services, and it is important to recognise those efforts, so I very much appreciate you having taken the time to post. I will ensure your feedback is provided directly to the staff involved.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope your child is recovering well, having sustained such a nasty injury.

Regards

Wendy McKinley

A/Operations Manager Coastal

Response from Victor Cheng, Executive Director, Health Service Managament

Dear Footy Mum,

I’m very sorry to hear about your son’s football injury. I’m glad to hear, however, that our excellent colleagues at Margaret River Hospital and the RFDS were able to assist him and you in such a way that minimised the trauma and stress as they prepared him for his transfer to PMH. I hope his recovery is going well and he’ll be back on track for the next football season.

Best wishes