"My Planned Activity Group Experience"

About: Allied Health (Bass Coast Health)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I am fortunate to be able to attend a planned activity group twice a week. I live alone and it has transformed my life. I look forward to the company and conversation and perhaps best of all to the fun and laughter. Our leaders are warm and caring and have endless patience. Our safety and well being are their priority. They plan our weekly activities which can include exercises, carpet bowls, craft, table activities, puzzles, card games etc. We have an outing each month and we can (within reason) choose where we go. I feel comfortable and accepted. I hope I have conveyed my gratitude for this program.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback about your experience. The Planned Activity Groups provide a wonderful service for people who may be feeling isolated and I agree that the staff and the volunteers are caring, compassionate, and committed. I hope you are able to continue to enjoy this service for a long time into the future.

Kind Regards,