"A fall accident"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / Emergency Department

While crossing the pedestrian crossing at Sydney's Central Railway Station I fell, hitting my face on the pavement. I was shocked & bleeding from facial abrasions. A passerby notified the Railway First Aide Officer. He was excellent. Called the paramedics, who were also excellent, very caring, professional and took me to Sydney Hospital's A& E. Again I received excellent, professional & caring attention, both Nursing & Medical care.

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear Ace

I am sorry to hear of your fall, a frightening experience for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and it is wonderful you felt our staff were professional and caring. Our staff are dedicated to meeting the needs of every patient who attends the Emergency Department and your feedback is very valuable to the staff.

I trust you are recovering well from your fall.

Jennie

• Ace thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Ace (the patient)

Dear Jennie

Thank you for your response. It certainly was a fright. Am pleased it was not worse.

The response from all the staff I had dealings with was so good. Their response time & care of a very high standard.

Regards