"No one will answer or call us back"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 2 West & Hand Clinic

(as a parent/guardian),

My son recently had an appointment booked at Sydney Hand Hospital. As we live outside of Sydney, he needs to fly to Sydney to attend the appointment. Unfortunately, on the day of the appointment, his flight was cancelled.

We tried to call the hospital immediately to let them know what had happened and to book another appointment ASAP. We’ve tried to call many, many times now over a number of days, but all we get is an answering machine. No one has called us back.

How is my son supposed to get another appointment if the hospital won’t even answer or return our calls?

Response from Carolyn Smith, Deputy Director, Nursing Services, (NUMs & After Hour Nurse Managers), Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear perseusfk39,

I am sorry you are having difficulties in contacting the Hand Clinic. Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. I urge you contact me on SESLHD-SSEHExecutiveServices@health.nsw.gov.au with your contact details and I will organise a staff member to ring you to make another hand clinic appointment for your son.

I will also follow up by raising your concerns with the manager.

Carolyn