"Jaw operation"

About: Oral Health Centre WA / Dental Clinic Royal Perth Hospital / Face and Jaw (Maxillofacial) Surgery

I had a under-bite that was very obvious, I struggled with eating and my self confidence, after 4 years of braces through the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia my jaw finished growing and I was able to get my jaw corrected. The surgeon who operated on me works in the Maxillofacial Reconstruction Unit at Royal Perth Hospital and he was truly amazing. At the time of my operation I was 17 years old and obviously quite nervous, all my questions were answered respectively and he checked on my healing and general well being frequently. The operation itself was extensive - I had bone removed from my hip and two titanium plates in my face with no visible scarring. Overall I am happy with the improved function and appearance.

Response from Aresh Anwar, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear Jaw Op,

Thank for your time to come here to let us know about your positive experience with the treatment and reconstructive surgery for your jaw. It is really great to read of your good outcome. It is especially great as it reflects the spirit and importance of teams working together. A particular aspect of health services - absolutely that we are proud of.

Our staff here will be pleased to hear of this when I pass it onto them.

Once again thank you for writing this to us.

Best wishes