"Accessing Medical Records."

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / Medical Records Department

Phone calls, faxes, face to face visits, carrier pigeons, smoke signals, but no email.

What on earth do I need to do get get the staff in Medical Records, particularly one staff member who seems to be very illusive, to pick up the phone, let alone generate a medical summary? Every call made rings a little and then goes to voice mail.

It's taken me over two months of calls, faxes (from my doctor) and visits from me and it seems I'm sill no closer to receiving my summary.

I believe this is a completely archaic way of managing administration in 2018.

And as for the level of service offered by this staff member - in my opinion, perhaps she needs a performance review.

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear Justa Nothernumber

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns around obtaining a medical summary from the Medical Records Department. I apologise for the difficulty you have experienced in this matter. I am aware you may wish to remain anonymous, but if you wish to discuss this further, please contact us through the below:

SESLHD-SSEHExecutiveServices@health.nsw.gov.au