"Peel Emergency Hospital"

About: Peel Health Campus / Emergency Department

I was suicidal and volunteered to go to Peel for a some de-escalation. Once I got into the ED it was decided after much discussion I would move onto Mimidi Park. The emergency staff work so hard and I was given such good treatment I spent 4 days in ED waiting for a bed. The nurse unit manager and her staff really did do an amazing job. A one stage I got a bit antsy after for days and a nurse scooped me up got a security guard and took me out for some fresh air a walk and a chat. Amazing I wish I knew her name she was on as a head nurse and I see why she holds that position. I didn't even know what I needed, yet she did. I so thank her for stopping what she was doing to give me some time to de-stress and see me as a human. In the 4 days their I saw what the staff deal with and I am so appreciative their work and efforts. There has been a huge change in the hospital in the past few months and it's very noticeable. Well done to all the ED staff you really are working at such a high standard with some major difficult people and yet you push on each day. Amazing and thank you to you all. Just a brilliant team.

Response from Margaret Sturdy, Chief Executive Officer, Peel Health Campus, Ramsay Healthcare

Dear Felt ashamed to be a woman

Thank you for your kind words about the attention the staff in the Peel Health Campus emergency department paid you during your prolonged stay waiting for a bed in an appropriate hospital. I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell and that you waited so long in our emergency department. It fills me with a huge sense of pride and humility that our staff in the very busy ED anticipated your needs and proactively offered you exactly what you wanted and needed. The ED is a very challenging environment and I cannot imagine your distress about having to stay there for so long.

Thank you for taking the time to write to Patient Opinion. If you would like to contact me directly on 9531 8580, I will be able to review your record and pass your thanks on to the individual staff members directly.

I do hope you are feeling better.

Margaret

• Felt ashamed to be a woman thinks this response is helpful