"My 2 nights stay on 2 North"

About: Maroondah Hospital

I am employed by Eastern Health.  Recently I was feeling very unwell and went into emergency.  I was then admitted to 2 North where I found that the nurses and medical staff went above and beyond there capabilities and duties.  As I had a dog at home who missed out on a meal the first night, the Acting Nurse Unit Manager allowed me to go home on the second day for a couple of hours so I could feed the dog, get a change of clothes, and some nightwear which was very much appreciated.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Sandyroo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your positive experience as a patient on ward 2 North at Maroondah Hospital.

As a member of the Eastern Health team, you would be aware of the values we share. It is clear to me the Acting Nurse Unit Manager certainly used our 'Patient First' value to determine the best form of care you should receive.

I trust you are back to fighting fit again and hope you share your positive experience with others - especially those within your immediate work group!

David