"Excellent service in Kalbarri and Perth"

About: Kalbarri Health Centre Royal Perth Hospital / Radiology (CT Scans & X-rays & Ultrasounds & Mammograms & Nuclear Medicine)

After a fall in the shower where I hurt my shoulder and back, I went to Kalbarri Medical Centre. My wife and I were greeted by friendly, professional nurses who quickly put us at ease. As Brits on holiday, we were worried about what we would face and how we would cope. We needn’t have been concerned. A doctor came quickly and examined me, gave me a referral note for X-rays and ultrasound scan, advice and a prescription for painkillers. The nurses helped us plan our way back to Perth and were kindness itself.

Back in Perth at the Royal Perth hospital we were greeted warmly and the X-rays and scans completed and advice given.

We are very impressed with the standard of care and professional, courteous and warm approach of the staff without exception.

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS - Midwest

Dear Grey nomad

Thank you for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion, particularly in light of what must have been a stressful time being injured, requiring medical care and being so far from home. I was so pleased to hear of the high quality care and attention you received from our Kalbarri team. This once again highlights the calibre of staff we have working in our service.

WA Country Health Service strive to provide patient centred care and the team at Kalbarri will be delighted to hear your positive feedback. Stories like yours allow staff to hear about the effect they have on a person's health care experience which lets them know what they are doing well and in some cases what can be improved.

It certainly takes a team to provide health care to our community and Patient Opinion has passed your kind words on to the team at the Royal Perth Hospital.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and I do hope you are well on the road to recovery and that you were able to enjoy your time in Australia.

Best wishes

Michele

• Grey nomad thinks this response is helpful

Response from Aresh Anwar, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear Grey nomad,

Welcome to Australia, and thank you for taking the time to feedback on your experience at Royal Perth Hospital (RPH).

It is always rewarding for staff to hear that patients and carers are happy with the level of service and care that we provide and I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff so that we can expand on your positive interaction with our hospital.

I hope you are on the road to recovery and back enjoying our fantastic State.

Sincerely