"Rescheduled surgery"

About: Bentley Hospital

I requested a month notice for my surgery as I need to organise time off work, etc, etc. My surgery was confirmed for late May and I made appropriate plans, booked flights, booked accommodation, etc, etc. Then 2 weeks before my scheduled surgery I was called and advised that my surgery had been rescheduled for September. This is quite frustrating as I've had to go through the process of changing my flights, leave from work, accommodation etc. The waitlist officer I spoke too just stated it was out of her control (which it was) and agreed to rebook me. I was pretty frustrated by the whole process, and even more so by what I'm dealing with now trying to reschedule everything.

Response from Aresh Anwar, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear Patientlywaiting,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I apologise for the experience you describe and appreciate the scale of planning and changes in work and home life that has to go into having an operation. We do have guidelines in place to minimise or eliminate the chances of what you have described occurring and I am disappointed to hear that they have not worked. Can I please ask if you could make contact with us on 9224 2219 so that we can investigate and feedback.

With profound apologies