"Hospital stay"

About: Margaret River Hospital Margaret River Hospital / Emergency Department

I was admitted to hospital with abdominal pains. The doctor and nurses who treated me were exceptionally professional, kind and compassionate. All my needs were met. I stayed in for 2 nights and was discharged on the third day with a script and a follow up appointment at a local surgery with the same doctor, I really felt that he wanted to make sure that I was OK and after that visit was booked in for a CT scan because he wanted to be really thorough about the cause of my discomfort. Hospital visits are not particularly pleasant, but all the staff made me as comfortable as possible. It did turn out to be a kidney infection and next time I will not be so hesitant to go into hospital because I know I will be well looked after. Thanks so much.

Response from Marie Tweedie, A/District Manager, Leeuwin, WACHS SW

Dear Well looked after

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliment on Patient Opinion, it was lovely to hear. We take pride in providing the best possible care for our community and this could not be done without our fantastic team of caring and compassionate staff.

I will pass on your compliments to our staff at the Margaret River Hospital with great pride. By receiving patient experiences such as yours, it assists us in our ultimate goal of “Providing the Best Possible Care”.

Marie Tweedie

A/District Manager Leeuwin

• Well looked after thinks this response is helpful