"Hospital Food"

About: Perth Children's Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

Whilst I'd assume the food produced in the hospital kitchen meets contractual obligations. The food is ice cold when it arrives on the ward. I feared my child this morning would break their teeth on their ham and cheese toastie. It was that hard and cold. It feels like robots carry the food to the ward, not sure of the value for money in that. Can I suggest that someone measures food temperatures at the ward to ensure food is served IAW (in accordance with) health regulations.

Response from Victor Cheng, Executive Director, Health Service Managament

Dear Real food

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at PCH. I’m sorry to hear that your child has received cold and unappetising meals. Please be assured that your concerns are being taken very seriously and we will take the necessary steps to investigate and address the situation as soon as possible, so that other patients don’t have the same experience. At PCH we rely on honest feedback to help us make improvements, so I thank you again for your feedback.

Please accept my best wishes for your child.

Warm regards