"Great experience at Maroondah Emergency Paediatric services"

About: Maroondah Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

Having seen GP twice we decided to take our lil' one to Maroondah Emergency. After a short wait we were seated inside a room where nurses checked on us throughout, they even had a kind volunteer lady who looked after me talking to me and offering coffee. Dr Barry came and found the issue straight away, however due to my child's complaint of recurring pain he observed my child, checked several times, reassured me and stayed throughout the tests, etc. I have been to other hospitals in past and emergency staff often don’t even offer much time or attention. Whilst I certainly don’t wish to revisit 😊 my experience has been fantastic. Thank you to all the nurses, doctors, volunteers and staff at Maroondah emergency.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Vita

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback regarding your experience at the Maroondah Emergency Department with your unwell child. This must have been a difficult time having seen your GP twice prior to deciding to come to the Emergency Department.

I trust your child is recovering now having had tests, assessments and treatment for the symptoms your child was experiencing, such as recurring pain.

It will give me great pleasure to share your experience with Dr Barry, the nursing staff and the volunteers who give of their time to support people attending the Emergency Department. I hear what you're saying regarding using this service again, but, as you've experienced, we are always here should this be the most appropriate place to receive care.

David

• Vita thinks this response is helpful