"ED/ ICU"

About: Maroondah Hospital / Emergency Department

After being rushed to Maroondah ED via MICA (Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) from home with new sudden onset confusion, Dr Robyn and Dr Helen had me looked after, sorted out, tubed and moved upstairs to ICU (Intensive Care Unit) on the double Stat.   Every single person who looked after me for the next 8 days that I was in ICU was also first rate. From nurses to physio to senior physio, I know that I was a colossal pain, wanting my mum on the phone when they offered my husband, every single time. They put up with a lot when they were trying to lighten my sedation and they certainly had a hell of a job looking after me.  Thanks Maroondah absolute 100% care in every aspect.   The only thing that I think is a total waste is the pressure mattresses you hire. I still have pressure sores, and they have stopped nothing. First rate care.   I then went to Knox Private to have some things done and when I am well enough I will be going to VRC (Victorian Rehabilitation Centre).   Thanks again Dr Robyn and Dr Helen, it could have all ended so differently if not for your quick thinking and skill.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Best Practice

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in the Maroondah Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit on Patient Opinion.

This would no doubt have been a highly stressful time and you were obviously quite unwell. Its clear that Dr Robyn and Dr Helen had a positive impact along with the other staff leading to a positive experience.

I'm sorry that you have a pressure sore, even with the specific mattress but so pleased the staff (nurses, physio etc) were able to care for you so well otherwise.

I trust you are recovering well and it will give me great pleasure to share your experience with the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit staff.

David