"Wifi in PCH"

About: Perth Children's Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

Trying to keep a sick child entertained between IV antibiotics is not easy, especially when they can’t leave their room due to cross infection fears. At PCH we finally have wifi, however it is so slow and lagging that it is basically useless. We took our cild's Xbox in with us to keep our child entertained and they could do very little online gaming.

This might sound like a first world problem, but when your child has a life limiting condition and spends weeks in hospital, decent wifi is hardly a huge ask.

Response from Meredith Arcus, Child and Adolescent Health Service - WA

Dear StressedMum76

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware there are issues with the hospital wifi and I understand this is frustrating for our patients and families. Please be assured this is being worked on.

Thank you for your ongoing patience.

Warm regards

Dr Meredith Arcus
A/Executive Director
Perth Children's Hospital | Mental Health | Community Health

Update posted by StressedMum76 (a parent/guardian)

Dr Arcus,

I appreciate your response. It is reassuring to know it is being worked on. Again, I understand it may not seem like a priority with everything else required in hospital, but it does make life just that little bit better for patients and families.