"Sydney Eye Hospital"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

Arrived 1.00pm, saw a nurse, then nothing for 4.5 hours. After repeated questioning, finally saw the nurse again. Claimed I’d see a doctor ASAP, then nothing for 2 hours. Questioned again, they claimed I’d seen a doctor and been prescribed eye drops. I explained this was incorrect, finally saw a doctor who was very nice and actually gave me the drops to save me filling a prescription at a chemist.

Overall, 7 hour visit for a 5 minute consultation. Frustration is an understatement!!

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear Nuncal

Thank you for feedback on Patient Opinion. I apologise for your recent experience while in our care and fully understand your frustration. I have forward your story to the Nurse Unit Manager of the department for review. If you wish to discuss further, I welcome you to contact me on SESLHD-SSEHExecutiveServices@health.nsw.gov.au with your contact details.

Jennie