"I had a bad fall."

About: Royal Perth Hospital / Emergency Department Royal Perth Hospital / Rehabilitation in the Home Royal Perth Hospital / State Major Trauma Unit Ward 3G

I am an elderly man, who is active around the home.

5 weeks ago, I fell from a 4-metre high roof, landing on brick paving.

I broke 7 ribs, had large areas of soft tissue injury, and had a cerebral haemorrhage.

I was 'whisked' by ambulance to RPH, although I remember very little of the first couple of hours.

I spent 8 days in the Major Trauma unit of RPH, and have been home for 4 weeks recuperating. I am getting better day by day; no small thanks to the folk from HITH.

I have had multiple visits from a Physiotherapist, an O.T. and a visit from a Dietitian.

I also had a lengthy visit from a lass who helped me complete an application to receive a little help with jobs around the home until I sufficiently recover.

In every case, these people were pleasant and friendly, knowledgeable, and went out of their way to help and advise me. I have received a list of exercises for me to do in my home, a lot of help re. challenges like showering, dressing etc.

Advice regarding my diet - so much fantastic information.

This is a truly wonderful service, and all the workers there need to be commended for a great job.

My sincere thanks to all concerned.

Clumsy

Response from Grant Waterer, Acting Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear Clumsy,

Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback. I am very happy to hear how well taken care of you were during the time you were at RPH. We are really fortunate to have such dedicated and hardworking staff and I will ensure that your thanks and praise is passed along to the teams you mention. I wish you well with your recovery.

Dr Grant Waterer