"Joy displayed by a porter"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital

(as other),

I was sitting in a corridor waiting for a meeting and a porter walked past and asked was everything ok. He said it with meaning and he carried on with much joy saying hello to others walking the corridor. When he returned I asked him his role. He gladly said he was the porter and also said though he didn’t have the brains of doctors and nurses, he really enjoyed his work. He’s been there for 8 years, is a Randwick local, and said saying hello to patients, family and staff members really makes his day more enjoyable. I encouraged him to keep doing this because it makes a difference.

Response from Tobi Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, South Eastern Sydney Local Health District

Hi Surferjoe,

Thank you for taking the time to recognise our staff member. We are very fortunate to have dedicated staff members like this gentleman that are focused on ensuring all our patients and visitors have the best experience with our hospital.

Regards,

Tobi

• surferjoe thinks this response is helpful