"Parking"

About: King Edward Memorial Hospital

Arrived at hospital at 9:45am for appointment at 11. Came early because parking is so bad. I drove around for 40 minutes unable to park so had to cancel appointment, was having urodynamics. I can’t park too far away as I’m incontinent, so frustrating. It takes me over 2 hours to get there as I live out of town. As I have another appointment there with the mesh clinic I'm thinking seriously of cancelling all appointments. I’m a pensioner so can’t afford taxi.

Response from Graeme Boardley, Director, Midwifery, Nursing and Patient Support Services, Women and Newborn Health Service, King Edward Memorial Hospital

Dear deltagk85,

Thank you for raising this matter with us. I am sorry that you have had this experience with accessing our service.

Parking, or the lack thereof, has been identified as a major problem for people trying to access the hospital and is one of the priority areas being focused on at present.

Together with members of our Community Advisory Council, I am meeting with representatives from the Subiaco Council next week to discuss the parking situation and will use your experience to highlight the difficulties our patients and visitors are having.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Kind regards,