"Great support that has helped me set goals and move forward"

About: Roadmaps Mobile Outreach Program

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I started using substance at around 14 years of age, I have struggled with this, my mental health and with being around people. Joining the Road Maps program was suggested to me by my parole officer. I didn’t think I needed it and I didn’t want to do it. When I came to the program I didn’t like it, I thought ‘this is not for me, I don’t want to be here, I don’t need it’.

I decided if I am stuck here at Road Maps I may as well do something. I started with listening, then talking and joining in. To my surprise I am really getting lots out of the Road Maps group, I like all the activities we do, the talking, quizzes and work sheets. I go away and practice things like changes to have good sleep, hygiene and I have practiced being patient with others.

I haven’t used anything since starting the group and I am learning that I can be around people and be ok. The Road Maps workers are easy to be around, and they treat everyone right.

I have goals now to be more involved with my kids and to get back into my Aboriginal art, I like both modern and traditional styles.

Response from Joshua Snowdon, Data and Reporting Coordinator, Support Services, NSW, Lives Lived Well

Hi muscaxg89,

Thank you for this great feedback, I will pass it on to the Roadmaps team. It is always great to hear the amazing changes people make in their lives - and if our programs can assist in some way in making that happen, all the better.

Our staff are available to provide support and follow up if needed - so feel free to contact the team to have a chat.

Kind Regards,