"Roadmaps Mobile Day Support Program"

About: Roadmaps Mobile Outreach Program

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

‘Recently I was in court and decided that I am getting to old to do this.’

I was referred to Roadmaps by my Parole officer and I thought it would be worth a go. I was released from jail in late 2017 and soon got caught driving under the influence. When in court I decided that I am getting too old for this and that I really want to get off the roller coaster.

I find the group a positive and safe place to be. The best thing about the group for me is that everyone helps each other and shares a common goal. I think it's good to realize that you’re not alone, lots of other people are having similar issues relating to substance use. I like the way the group is run, it's informal and everyone is willing to help each other.

Response from Joshua Snowdon, Data and Reporting Coordinator, Support Services, NSW, Lives Lived Well

Hi lionfh55,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some thoughts about your experience with the Roadmaps program. I will make sure that the Roadmaps team gets your feedback.

I am glad to hear that the group program was useful for you in reducing the feelings of being alone and isolated in what sounds like a difficult time for you.

Please feel free to contact the team in Dubbo if you would like any further support, or would just like a friendly chat.

Best of luck into the future.

Josh