"Day Procedure- Gastroscopy"

About: Box Hill Hospital

Gastroscopy. I was made to feel at ease. I was very impressed with my whole experience.

From the moment I received paperwork for my planned Gastroscopy the communication from staff at Box Hill Endoscopy Ward was very helpful and informative. My appointment was first thing at 7am. I  was a admitted by a lovely receptionist. My first nurse Lidiya was extremely lovely and caring. Nurses Sean and Andy were fantastic, Dr Irving Anaesthetist was wonderful and caring and also a visit from Prof Richard before my surgery. I give credit to all of the above staff, which gave me a feeling of calmness before I went into Theatre.  Aftercare was wonderful. The whole experience was just under 3 hours. Overall I praise everyone in The Endoscopy Unit at Box Hill Hospital and thank them for such wonderful care.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear marchbx84

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your positive experience with the Endoscopy Unit at Box Hill Hospital.

I had great pleasure in reading the impact Lidiya, Sean, Andy, Dr Irving and Prof Richard made for your experience and it will be wonderful to be able to share your feedback with them.

It is very clear to me the staff demonstrated the Eastern Health values of Patients First, Kindness, Respect, Excellence, Agility and Humility!

I trust you have recovered well from this procedure and returned to your normal activities.

David