"Excellent care"

About: Fiona Stanley Hospital / Urology

Recently, I attended the URO Urodynamics Clinic, Urology for an afternoon appointment, at Fiona Stanley Hospital.

I was greeted by two nurses, very warmly, with the Senior Nurse explaining in great detail the procedure that was to follow. During the procedure, it was again explained what was happening, and I received further advice from them about aftercare. They also ensured that I understood what was happening as the procedure was underway.

This was a very professional session I had, but more importantly I was treated with the utmost respect.

The procedure was fairly intrusive, and to a man of my years. Somewhat embarrassing assisted by two young nurses, but these ladies were fantastic, and understood exactly how I was feeling, demonstrating excellent people skills.

Nurses always seem to have a good sense of humour, and in similar circumstances I have heard them say, Don't worry, seen it all before.

Well not mine you haven't!

These nurses did not need that comment, they acted with professionalism. Well done

Kind Regards

Response from Janet Zagari, Executive Director Transformation, South Metropolitan Health Service, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear capricornusmb67,

I read with pleasure about your warm and professional welcome in the Urology Clinic.

We do have fabulous staff and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write your story. I will ensure the staff concerned are thanked in person.

Best wishes,