"Sydney Eye Hospital"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital

(as a relative),

Recently my wife and I came in for her to have her retina reattached. The day surgery staff were excellent, but no one told my wife that she should have brought her medical records/history in as she was unable to remember over the years of important information needed before surgery. The next day I came in to pick her up, we had to wait 3/4 of an hour with other outpatients because there was a delay getting the medication from the chemist.

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear helper,

Thank you for your praise of the staff in the Day Procedure Unit. I apologise for the delay in waiting for your wife’s medication and the miscommunication around needing past medical history for your hospital admission. Your feedback is valuable to helping improve our services and has been sent to the Pharmacy Manager, Nurse Unit Manager and the Manager for booking surgery.

I hope you wife is recovering comfortably at home

Jennie