"Great care at Margaret River Hospital after mountain bike accident"

About: Margaret River Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a friend),

My friend had a nasty crash on her bike - the care she received at Margaret River Hospital ED by doctors and nurses was excellent. Really thorough assessment of her injuries (a concussion, fractured rib, bruised kidney, facial abrasions) and treatment were provided, including getting an abdominal ultrasound late in the day (thanks to the ultrasonography for fitting her in!) and arranging her transfer to Bussleton for further imaging (CT) that wasn't available in their hospital.

The nurses were incredibly friendly and kind. The impact this has on patients feeling hurt and vulnerable cannot be overstated. Thank you!

Response from Marie Tweedie, A/District Manager, Leeuwin, WACHS SW

Dear mtbgirl

Your story brightened up my day. Thank you so much for sharing your friend's experience at Margaret River Hospital on Patient Opinion, your words mean so much to us.

I will take great pleasure in passing your feedback on to our wonderful emergency staff and also to the imaging staff at Busselton.

I hope your friend is recovering well and I hope she will able to participate in the Cape to Cape next year with no accidents.

Yours sincerely