"Helpful care from Physiotherapy team at Wonthaggi Hospital"

About: Allied Health (Bass Coast Health) Wonthaggi Hospital

I was referred to physiotherapy by my doctor to help with pain in my right shoulder.

The pain was very severe at times; I have a partial tear in a ligament. Due to my medical history, PEs (pumonary embolism) and DVTs (deep vein thrombosis) after surgeries, surgery was not an option.

I attended several times, was treated with support, care and reassurance. I was shown exercises to help, better ways to do household tasks and to do things different ways when pain begins.

Colleen was so patient with me, reassuring, kind and very professional.

She was very happy for me to see the improvement over the weeks. I now have less pain and continue the things that she taught me.

Thank you so much for all your help.

The areas were very clean. And the reception staff were very polite and happy.

Thank you all again. The hospital should be very proud of that department.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health

Dear starmk48,

Colleen is one of our most senior physio's, and we agree she is a true professional. I will also make sure I pass on your feedback to our wonderful cleaners and reception staff who often get overlooked, but who are also amazing. On behalf of our team, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased that you have had some improvement - shoulder tears can be very painful and debilitating.All the best.

Kind Regards,