"My mother's stay in Numurkah Hospital"

About: Numurkah Hospital

(as a relative),

The service and respect shown to my mother and our family during her stay in the hospital before her passing was outstanding.

The entire staff, doctors, nurses, kitchen staff, cleaning staff showed extreme compassion and sensitivity throughout mum's stay.

We especially liked the way all staff introduced themselves and explained step by step the procedures that were being performed. All question we asked were answered in a way we understood and we felt comfortable in asking questions.

We did however feel that towards the end the beds could have had side rails as we were concerned about mum falling out.

Great work NDHS

Response from Wendy Ross, Director of Clinical Services / Community Feedback Officer, Numurkah District Health Service

Dear Maloo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your mother’s stay. It is heartening to hear the compassion and sensitivity shown to your mother and your family made a difference at such a difficult time.

Thank you for also raising concern in relation to the bed rails. We follow safe use of bed rails guidelines and undertake risk assessments to use them only when necessary. I am not sure if you raised your concerns with the staff, but hopefully they were able to offer you reassurance, explanation and alternatives such as a different type of bed.

I will take great pleasure in passing your feedback on to all the departments involved in your mother's care.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

Wendy