"Emergency Department"

About: Fiona Stanley Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a relative),

My partner was bought in by ambulance. My partner was experiencing the same symptoms as they had experienced two days previously before having a seizure and was made wait in the waiting room for over an hour. Were the staff waiting for my partner to have another seizure perhaps?  Not impressed.

Response from Janet Zagari, Executive Director Transformation, South Metropolitan Health Service, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear Guinea

Thank you for sharing your partner’s story. I am sorry your experience was disappointing and did not meet your expectations.

Emergency Department staff endeavour to have patients reviewed as soon as possible however, the time people wait for an assessment depends on their clinical urgency and the number of other patients also waiting to be seen.

It is difficult to be able to provide a more detailed explanation without understanding your partner’s presentation in more detail. I encourage your partner to contact the Fiona Stanley Hospital Family Liaison Service on 6152 4013 or via email FSHFeedback@health.wa.gov.au. More detailed information will enable us to better respond to your concerns and ensure that we improve the experience for our patients.

Janet Zagari