"Excellent Nursing Care but unacceptable Radiograher"

About: Ipswich Hospital / Emergency Department Ipswich Hospital / Radiology

(as a parent/guardian),

The nursing care my grandchild received after a motocross accident was beyond excellent, however I believe the personal opinion and rough treatment handed out by the radiographer was unacceptable. I would highly recommend Ipswich Hospital for exceptional nursing care - in my opinion, as long as you don't need x-rays done or this particular radiographer isn't on duty.

Response from Queensland Health - West Moreton

Dear oscarge34

Any type of motor vehicle accident a serious and stressful event for everyone involved. We very much hope that your grandchild and family are recovering well.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the nursing care your grandchild received. We are very proud of the professionalism, empathy and dedication of the staff and we will pass your lovely feedback on to them.

Your experience in radiology has been shared with the Director of the X-Ray Department and he would like to assure you that he is committed to addressing your concerns. The Radiographers within the X-Ray department have been made aware of the complaint. The Director of X-Ray Department does hold regular meetings with staff to reinforce his expectations regarding standards of patient care and communication. We apologise for any distress this has caused you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story because you have provided us with an opportunity to review and improve our services.

Best wishes