"My elderly mum"

About: Joondalup Health Campus

(as a relative),

My elderly mum was prematurely discharged - twice - from Joondalup Hospital and had to re-enter through ED. An absolute nightmare both times - I feel it almost finished my mum off! In my opinion, they 'needed the beds' and wanted to move people through too quickly.

Response from Ben Irish, Director of Clinical Services, Joondalup Health Campus

Dear Heartbroken

Thank you for making contact with me in regards to your mother and her experience with the hospital and the discharge process that has obviously been unsuccessful on these two occasions. This must be very difficult for you to see that your mother is not returning home and managing to stay out of hospital. We would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience further.

Could you please contact Alison or Sarah our consumer liaison officers on 9400 9672 or alternatively email them at consumerliaison.jhc@ramsayhealth.com.au and they will be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you and assist with having your concerns addressed.

With kind regards