"Emergency care at Narembeen"

About: Narembeen Memorial Health Service / Emergency Department Royal Flying Doctor Service Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital St John of God Midland Hospital / Stroke Rehabilitation Unit

I suffered a stroke at home in Narembeen, an ambulance was called and I was transported to Narembeen Hospital and then transferred to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital by RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) later that morning. Now in Midland Stroke Rehab Unit and the care and professional staff have been amazing at all the steps along the way. Narembeen, being a small rural hospital, was outstanding and I am very proud of the local staff, community and volunteers.

Response from Sean Conlan, Regional Director, WA Country Health Service - Wheatbelt

Dear octoberxw56

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

We are certainly proud of the quality of care our staff provide and we were pleased to read that you had experienced this.

Our staff pride themselves in ensuring patients are kept informed and reassured at all stages of their journey, especially when being transferred to a metropolitan hospital from a country town. I will ensure that your kind words are passed onto the team at Narembeen and I know they will be appreciative of this.

It is was great to read the care and professionalism of staff from the other services were of an exemplary nature as well.

I do hope that you are making a good recovery.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Best wishes

Sean

• octoberxw56 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Natalia Marais, Consumer Liaison, St John of God - Midland

Dear octoberxw56

Thank you for your kind words about the care provided at St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals. It is gratifying to know that we are providing a high standard of care that is contributing to your ongoing recovery. I will make sure your message gets brought to the attention of the caregivers on the Stroke/Rehabilitation Unit and l am sure it will inspire them to continue their good work. Also congratulations to the team at Narembeen for their great work.

All the Best

Natalia

Consumer Liaison

Response from Janet Zagari, A/Executive Director, Sir Charles Gairdner Osborne Park Health Care Group

Dear octoberxw56

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your appreciation of the care you recently received after your stroke. I am glad to hear that you had positive experiences throughout this difficult time. We are very proud of our comprehensive stroke service which aims to get patients the care they need as quickly as possible after a stroke to minimise the impact. Our staff are very committed to ensuring that patients feel cared for and it is lovely to hear that you were so happy with your experience.

I wish you all the very best now that you are in the recovery phase.

Kind regards,