"Care provided at Northam Hospital"

About: Northam Health Service

(as a relative),

My parent was admitted to Northam hospital for a couple of nights recently with chest pain.  I live 5 hours away and when I was notified, could not be there immediately as I wanted.

However, the ward staff, including Natasha, Tamara and Dr Sam, all helped me feel that my parent was being very well cared for and everything appropriately investigated.

They were happy to explain what was happening and left me feeling reassured me that my parent was being looked after with care and diligence. I truly appreciate the care and kindness they extended to both my parent and myself in this very trying time for us.

Response from Carolynne Ryan, Patient Opinion Coordinator, WACHS - Wheatbelt

This response has been posted on behalf of Marie Baxter, Acting Regional Director - Whealtbelt

Dear greenqt86,

It is very distressing when you find out a loved one has been admitted to hospital any time and certainly makes a difference when you are unable to be there, knowing that loved ones are being well.

To hear that when you were so far away from your parent that the nursing staff and doctor were able to reassure you through this stressful time with their kindness and compassion, ensuring you were kept informed of your parent’s progress and care plans was very pleasing to hear.

It will be my pleasure in passing on your kind words to Natasha, Tamara and Dr Sam, as well as my own appreciation for the excellent care they continue to provide to our patients.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope your parent is well on the road to recovery.

Best wishes.