"My hospital experience"

About: Bunbury Hospital / Emergency Department

I would like to compliment the nurses, doctors and all staff at Bunbury Regional Hospital for their care and dedication to myself and, I believe, other patients.

I am home now and on reflection, there was only one small instance. A doctor on the medical ward came into my room and asked if I had diarrhoea. I told them I had not and they asked me again and I felt they still did not believe or understand the word no. I feel they were accusing me of lying.

As a suggestion, I would like more beds to be made available at Bunbury Regional Hospital, I waited almost four hours in emergency for a bed to become available.

Response from Glen Matters, Bunbury Operations Manager, WACHS South West

Dear bracedk49,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Patient Opinion and for the compliment of the staff. The staff are very proud of the care they provide the community and feedback like yours is appreciated and valued.

I am sorry for the questioning by the doctor and how this made you feel. I have passed your feedback on to the Head of Department on the medical ward and can assure you that the communication factors will be shared with the doctors. If you would like us to follow up with the particular doctor we would need you to contact us, so we can get your details and further investigate. Our Customer Liaison Officer can be contacted on 9722 1521 to help facilitate this.

I hope you are recovering well and thanks again for the feedback to acknowledge the great work by the staff and also for the opportunity to improve the service.

Regards