"A very pleasant experience"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

What a pleasant experience. I was suffering from floaters and was referred to the Sydney Eye Hospital emergency department.

I was attended to by reception immediately and saw the doctor (Dr Mia) who explained to me this age-related ailment with empathy and booked me in for a follow-up appointment after 6 weeks.

This appointment was preponed while I was overseas so I had to reschedule it by calling their number in my text where I spoke to Jumana who was patient and helpful and accommodated me. On arrival I saw Dr Tuan who performed the required test and assured me everything was ok. Overall a very very pleasant experience.

Hats off to them for being nice in spite of the pressures.

Response from Pauline Rumma, Director, Clinical Services, Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear authenticfn83,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Patient Opinion. I am sure that it has been a stressful time with changes to your eyesight. I am, however, very pleased to hear that you received such excellent care by our staff. I know that they are really committed to providing high-quality care and making sure the patient's needs are met and it is terrific to hear that they took great care of you. I will pass your feedback on to Dr Mia, Dr Tuan and Jumana.

All the best.