Patient Opinion Australia exists as an online public feedback platform with the goal of using real patient stories about events and experiences occurring in the last three (3) years to drive positive change in healthcare. With this goal in mind Patient Opinion Australia extends this policy to ensure that any postings via various social media channels contribute towards this goal.
As a user of our various social media pages (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), you agree to:
- ensure that all posts or comments made by you represent only your own personal views, and do not in any way falsely represent or impersonate another person, group or organisation
- not post several postings of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not make comments that have no connection to the subject being discussed
- protect the personal privacy of yourself and of others by ensuring that no post or comment made by you includes the personal information of yourself or of others
- not harass or threaten any other person or act in an abusive manner
- not use insulting, provocative, hateful, obscene or offensive language
- not make defamatory or denigrating comments
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not include in any posting web links to any other site or post the email address of yourself or any other person or organisation
- not promote any commercial interests in your posts
- not post any content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any other person or organisation
- not make any posting that violates any law or regulation or incites others to violate any law or regulation
- not identify any matter that is currently the subject of legal proceedings
Patient Opinion Australia does not endorse the comments or contents posted by users of any of our various social media pages. Therefore, the views of Patient Opinion Australia are not represented by postings made by public users on social media.