"My grandchild had some scary moments."
About: Box Hill Hospital Box Hill Hospital Box Hill 3128
Posted by Scary moments (as ),
My grandchild was feeling dizzy and sick in the tummy. I was asked to take my grandchild to the doctor where they found my grandchild had a viral infection and was given a Stemetil injection. My daughter picked my grandchild up and went home. The next morning my grandchild had a Stemetil tablet that had been prescribed. We were looking after my grandchild, and because the child felt OK we went to the food court at the local shopping centre. Whilst sitting at the table our grandchild felt something on the roof of the mouth. Then had a problem speaking and the tongue was swelling and coming out of the mouth, also it was blue. I rang clinic and was advised to go straight to Box Hill emergency. We proceeded and on arrival explained what had happened. My grandchild was straight through and was seen to straight away.
The attention was great. My grandchild didn't panic at all. I was asking all the way to hospital nod if you can still breathe through your nose. Thank God my grandchild could. The tongue was blue for about between 20-30 mins. I had never seen anything like this before. Many thanks to the team that looked after my grandchild. We felt we were in good hands. The efficiency was fantastic. The outcome was our grandchild has an allergic reaction to Maxalon & Stemetil. The doctor that prescribe Stemetil asked if there were any allergies, and at that point that was not known.
Many thanks again.