You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Considering people who need to travel."

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / Day Procedure Unit (DPU - 1 West)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I had day surgery to remove a small growth on my eye.

I arrived in Sydney the day before my operation, as it was going to be a 6:30am start, which was too early for us coming up from the country by train. A later surgery time is better for country patients.

Response from Jennie Barry, Director of Nursing & Support Services, Nursing Services, Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us and raising your concerns for country patients and surgery times. We always value patient feedback and the opportunities it generates for improvement. The needs of our patients and their families are core to how we care and plan our services. I will bring this to the attention of the Nurse Manager of the Peri-Operative service for future planning and consideration when the operation list are prepared. I hope my response provides some comfort for future country patients having surgery at Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital that their needs will be considered in the order of the operating list.

Kind Regards

Jennie

Response from Jennie Barry, Director of Nursing & Support Services, Nursing Services, Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital We have made a change

5 months on we are pleased to update you on the changes we have made in response to your story. The Nurse Manager of the Peri-Operative service has advised that country patients are considered when building the theatre list regularly.

Once again thank you for posting your story.

Kind Regards Jennie