"Wonderful staff member at the Imaging Reception at Maroondah Hospital"

About: Maroondah Hospital / Medical Imaging

(as a relative),

I brought my wife into Maroondah Hospital Imaging Reception a week ago. It was early and there were only a couple of people attending the desk. A very nice lady Rebecca was very busily working, but she still took the time to look up, smile and greet us when we entered the room (even before we waited at the counter). My wife then chatted with her and Rebecca cheerfully & articulately confirmed her booking and advised the waiting time. While I was waiting Rebecca went out of her way to be just as friendly and professional with everyone else she dealt with. I don't think I have ever seen such wonderful service before. In a public hospital where many people are suffering physically and could be sad/fearful, Rebecca is a ray of sunshine! I believe that Rebecca is a huge asset to Maroondah Hospital.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Optimist at heart

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion. It's very clear that Rebecca clearly showed courtesy and kindness to all who she came in contact with.

No-one likes seeking medical care, so your reflection of the efforts Rebecca went to would go a long way to easing concerns and anxiety.

I will make sure Rebecca and her manager receive your feedback, especially as we all like to be acknowledged when we have made a positive impact.

Many thanks and kind regards

David

• Optimist at heart thinks this response is helpful

Recently read