"My Hand Surgery at Sydney Hospital Hand Unit"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 2 West & Hand Clinic

A while ago I was voguing and unfortunately my hand fell on a piece of broken glass. The glass hit a nerve in my palm that gave me a loss of sensation in my pinky.

Eventually after seeing a few physicians I was booked into surgery at the Hand Clinic at Sydney Hospital. My surgery was listed early in the day, so I arrived accordingly. Upon first entering the building the staff were warm and friendly, and made sure I was looked after. The doctor that I saw before I entered the surgery room made sure I had no qualms and was very at ease and aware of what was going to happen.

The surgery ended with a no issues and I was out in just over an hour. The nurses post-surgery were also very hospitable.

Special mention goes to Isobel who called me as I was leaving and met me outside to give me my discharge medication.

Response from Jennie Barry, Director of Nursing & Support Services, Nursing Services, Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear ‘nurses very hospitable’

Thank you for taking the time to express your positive experience at the Sydney Hospital Hand Unit on Patient Opinion. The staff set themselves very high standards of care that they strive to achieve every day. Positive feedback like yours reinforces their efforts and this is having a positive effect on patients, and their care. Your kind comments will be passed onto all staff and I will ensure that Isobel receives your special mention.

All the best for your recovery.

Jennie