You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Elderly mother's discharge from hospital."

About: Esperance Health Campus

(as a relative),

The doctor discharged my mother without consultation with my father, her primary carer. Mum was mainly bed ridden from TIA's (Trans Ischaemic Attacks), high blood pressure and other complications. She was told she would probably have a stroke. On leaving the hospital Dad had to find a wheelchair and get Mum out in the rain with no assistance. He could not park right out side due to time taken with Mum. Also no consultation on home situation. Mums mobility.

Response from David Bowdidge, A/Regional Director, WACHS - Goldfields

Dear Unhelpful,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience at Esperance hospital.

I am very sorry to hear that your father did not receive assistance with helping your mother out of the hospital and that there was not a wheel chair offered to him to assist with her mobility. This will be discussed with our discharge team to ensure practical assistance such as this is not overlooked in the future.

I would however like to know your concerns are followed-up more directly. Please consider contacting me directly on 9080 5710 to discuss this situation in more detail. I can then ask Esperance Hospital to get in contact with you and/or your father and confirm that the appropriate follow-up care and services are in place for your mother.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to hearing from you.

David Bowdidge