"Great emergency department treatment at Maroondah Hospital"

About: Maroondah Hospital / Emergency Department

Recently I presented to the ED at Maroondah Hospital. I had been experiencing a number of issues with my mental health including paranoia and hearing voices, as well as issues with my medication.

All the nurses I came in contact with were great. I was seen in a timely manner by a nurse from the CATT (crisis assessment and treatment team) service. The nurse, Helene, did an amazing job turning my mental state around. She explained that the paranoia was caused as a result of hearing voices, which all had to do with issues of medication. She helped me feel much better and advised me what I should do next. On the spot, she did a great job without having a large amount of background information on me.

I have seen my case manager since who has also done a lot of work in helping me with what I need to do in the following days.

Overall, my trip to the ED was a really positive one and the staff did a great job assisting me in my time of need. It ended up being a really quick trip, but they gave me that face-to-face contact that I really needed and gave me the help I know I wouldn’t have received over the phone. We are really lucky to have such great services here in the East. Thank you for everything!

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear feeling thankful,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback on Patient Opinion. Attending an Emergency Department can be a stressful experience so I was very pleased to hear that the staff provided such a positive experience.

The staff strive to make each episode of care a courteous and kind experience and it is evident this happened both in the Emergency Department and also by your case manager.

I trust your health continues to improve and any ongoing experiences continue to be as positive.

David